The Office RibbonX Editor is a standalone tool to edit the Custom UI part of Office open document file format. It contains both Office 2007 and Office 2010 custom UI schemas.
The Office 2010 custom UI schema is the latest schema and it's still being used in the latest versions of Office including Office 2019, Office 2021 and Office 365.
This GitHub project is a fork of Custom UI Editor for Microsoft Office. Built on Windows Forms, the original editor by Microsoft is useful on its own, but it has some limitations. Rather than trying to address those limitations by performing small contributions to the original project, this repo offers a complete redesign of the project in Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
Office 2007 and later.
How to use
To learn more about how to use these identifiers to customize the Office ribbon, backstage, and context menus visit: Working with the Ribbon
- ScintillaNET (via SctintillaNET.WPF) as text editor, with seamless syntax highlighting
- The TreeView allows you to have more than one file open, easily switching between different customUI files (for example, for copying code from one file to another)
- A multi-tab layout, allowing to have multiple files open simultaneously (including icon previews)
- List of recently opened files showing up on the file menu
Reload on Saveoption that avoids losing any external changes
- Possibility of customizing some aspects of the editor such as font size and color
- Plus all the features of the original Windows Forms project
To download the latest release, go to the following link:
To download the latest development build instead, go to the Artifacts section on Azure Pipelines: