enowned Excel expert Bill Jelen (MrExcel) helps you crunch data from any source with Excel pivot tables.
Use Excel pivot tables and pivot charts to produce powerful, dynamic reports in minutes instead of hours, to take control of your data and your business. Even if you’ve never created a pivot table before, this book will help you leverage all their remarkable flexibility and analytical power―including valuable improvements in Excel and Excel in Office 365. Drawing on years of Excel experience, Bill Jelen offers practical “recipes” for solving real business problems, helps you avoid common mistakes, and presents tips and tricks you’ll find nowhere else.
By reading this book, you will:
- Master easy, powerful ways to create, customize, change, and control pivot tables
- Control all future pivot tables using new pivot table defaults
- Transform huge data sets into clear summary reports
- Instantly highlight your most profitable customers, products, or regions
- Use Power Query to quickly import, clean, shape, and analyze disparate data sources
- Build geographical pivot tables with 3D Map
- Construct and share state-of-the-art dynamic dashboards
- Revamp analyses on the fly by dragging and dropping fields
- Build dynamic self-service reporting systems
- Share your pivot tables with colleagues
- Create data mashups using the full Power Pivot capabilities of Excel and Excel in Office 365
- Automate pivot tables with macros and VBA
- Save time by adapting reports with GetPivotData
- Discover today’s most useful pivot table tips and shortcuts
Table of contents
Chapter 1 Pivot table fundamentals Chapter 2 Creating a basic pivot table Chapter 3 Customizing a pivot table Chapter 4 Grouping, sorting, and filtering pivot data Chapter 5 Performing calculations in pivot tables Chapter 6 Using pivot charts and other visualizations Chapter 7 Analyzing disparate data sources with pivot tables Chapter 8 Sharing dashboards with Power BI Chapter 9 Using cube formulas with the Data Model or OLAP data Chapter 10 Unlocking features with the Data Model and Power Pivot Chapter 11 Analyzing geographic data with 3D Map Chapter 12 Enhancing pivot table reports with macros Chapter 13 Using VBA or TypeScript to create pivot tables Chapter 14 Advanced pivot table tips and techniques Chapter 15 Dr. Jekyll and Mr. GetPivotData Chapter 16 Creating pivot tables in Excel Online Chapter 17 Pivoting without a pivot table using dynamic arrays or Power Query Chapter 18 Unpivoting in Power Query
About The Author
Bill Jelen, Excel MVP and the host of MrExcel.com, has been using spreadsheets since 1985, and he launched the MrExcel.com website in 1998. Bill was a regular guest on Call for Help with Leo Laporte and has produced more than 2,200 episodes of his daily video podcast, Learn Excel from MrExcel. He is the author of 57 books about Microsoft Excel and writes the monthly Excel column for Strategic Finance magazine. Before founding MrExcel.com, Bill spent 12 years in the trenches, working as a financial analyst for the finance, marketing, accounting, and operations departments of a $500 million public company. He lives in Merritt Island, Florida, with his wife, Mary Ellen.