- The most comprehensive guidebook available on the most popular spreadsheet program, fully updated to include all-new "X" features
- Written by the leading Excel guru known as "Mr. Spreadsheet," John Walkenbach, who has written more than thirty books and 300 articles on related topics and maintains the popular Spreadsheet Page at www.j-walk.com/ss
- The definitive reference book for beginning to advanced users, featuring expert advice and hundreds of examples, tips, techniques, shortcuts, work-arounds, and more
- Covers expanded use of XML and Web services to facilitate data reporting, analysis, importing, and exporting information
- Explores Excel programming for those who want advanced information
- CD-ROM includes all templates and worksheets used in the book, as well as sample chapters from all Wiley Office "X" related Bibles and useful third party software, including John Walkenbach's Power Utility Pak
Table of contents
Part I: Getting Started with Excel Chapter 1: Introducing Excel Chapter 2: Entering and Editing Worksheet Data Chapter 3: Essential Worksheet Operations Chapter 4: Working with Cells and Ranges Chapter 5: Worksheet Formatting Chapter 6: Understanding Files and Templates Chapter 7: Printing Your WorkPart II: Working with Formulas and Functions Chapter 8: Introducing Formulas and Chapter 8: Functions Chapter 9: Creating Formulas That Manipulate Text Chapter 10: Working with Dates and Times Chapter 11: Creating Formulas That Count and Sum Chapter 12: Creating Formulas That Look Up Values Chapter 13: Creating Formulas for Financial Applications Chapter 14: Introducing Array Formulas Chapter 15: Performing Magic with Array Formulas Part III: Creating Charts and Graphics Chapter 16: Getting Started Making Charts Chapter 17: Learning Advanced Charting Chapter 18: Enhancing Your Work with Pictures and Drawings Part IV: Analyzing Data with Excel Chapter 19: Working with Lists Chapter 20: Using External Database Files Chapter 21: Analyzing Data with Pivot Tables Chapter 22: Performing Spreadsheet What- If Analysis Chapter 23: Analyzing Data Using Goal Seek and Solver Chapter 24: Analyzing Data with the Analysis ToolPak Part V: Using Advanced Excel Features Chapter 25: Using Custom Number Formats Chapter 26: Customizing Toolbars and Menus Chapter 27: Using Conditional Formatting and Data Validation Chapter 28: Creating and Using Worksheet Outlines Chapter 29: Linking and Consolidating Worksheets Chapter 30: Excel and the Internet Chapter 31: Sharing Data with Other Applications Chapter 32: Using Excel in a Workgroup Chapter 33: Making Your Worksheets Error- Free Part VI: Programming Excel with VBA Chapter 34: Introducing Visual Basic for Applications Chapter 35: Creating Custom Worksheet Functions Chapter 36: Creating UserForms Chapter 37: Using UserForm Controls in a Worksheet Chapter 38: Working with Excel Events Chapter 39: VBA Examples Chapter 40: Creating Custom Excel Add- Ins Part VII: Appendixes Appendix A: Worksheet Function Reference Appendix B: What's on the CD- ROM Appendix C: Just for Fun Appendix D: Additional Excel Resources Appendix E: Excel Shortcut Keys
About The Author
John Walkenbach, a.k.a. Mr. Spreadsheet, is arguably the world's foremost authority on Microsoft Excel. His fifty-plus Excel books include Excel 2013 Power Programming with VBA, Excel 2013 Formulas, and the bestselling Excel 2013 Bible, all published by Wiley. He has also written hundreds of articles and software reviews, and created the award-winning Power Utility Pak add-in for Excel.
John lives in Tucson, Arizona. He also plays the banjo - but don't let that prevent you from buying his books.