Sometimes you may need to convert formula to text string in Excel, such as =A1+B1, how to extract formulas from Excel at once?
For Example, we need to show the Column C with original formulas but not their calculated results in Column D, see the following screen shot.
- select Column C.
- Under the Data menu tab, in the Data Tools group, click the Text to Columns button.
- In Convert Text to Columns Wizard window, do the following:
- In Convert Text to Columns Wizard - step 1 of 3 window, click Next.
- In Convert Text to Columns Wizard - step 2 of 3 window, click Next.
- In Convert Text to Columns Wizard - step 3 of 3 window, under Column data format, choose Text, in Destination box, enter a cell reference: D1, or click Collapse Button to temporarily hide the dialog box, select cell D1 on the worksheet, and then press Expand Button .
- click Finish.