Microsoft Excel 2019 Pivot Table Data Crunching
- Length: 512 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Microsoft Press
- Publication Date: 2019-01-08
- ISBN-10: 1509307249
- ISBN-13: 9781509307241
Renowned Excel experts Bill Jelen (MrExcel) and Michael Alexander help you crunch data from any source with Excel 2019 pivot tables.
Use Excel 2019 pivot tables and pivot charts to produce powerful, dynamic reports in minutes instead of hours, to take control of your data and your business. Even if you’ve never created a pivot table before, this book will help you leverage all their remarkable flexibility and analytical power–including valuable improvements in Excel 2019 and Excel in Office 365. Drawing on more than 45 combined years of Excel experience, Bill Jelen and Michael Alexander offer practical “recipes” for solving real business problems, help you avoid common mistakes, and present tips and tricks you’ll find nowhere else.
By reading this book, you will:
- Master easy, powerful ways to create, customize, change, and control pivot tables
- Control all future pivot tables using new pivot table defaults
- Transform huge data sets into clear summary reports
- Instantly highlight your most profitable customers, products, or regions
- Use Power Query to quickly import, clean, shape, and analyze disparate data sources
- Build geographical pivot tables with 3D Map
- Construct and share state-of-the-art dynamic dashboards
- Revamp analyses on the fly by dragging and dropping fields
- Build dynamic self-service reporting systems
- Share your pivot tables with colleagues
- Create data mashups using the full Power Pivot capabilities of Excel 2019 and Excel in Office 365
- Automate pivot tables with macros and VBA
- Save time by adapting reports with GetPivotData
- Discover today’s most useful pivot table tips and shortcuts
Table of contents
Chapter 1 Pivot table fundamentals Chapter 2 Creating a basic pivot table Chapter 3 Customizing a pivot table Chapter 4 Grouping, sorting, and filtering pivot data Chapter 5 Performing calculations in pivot tables Chapter 6 Using pivot charts and other visualizations Chapter 7 Analyzing disparate data sources with pivot tables Chapter 8 Sharing dashboards with Power BI Chapter 9 Using cube formulas with the Data Model or OLAP data Chapter 10 Unlocking features with the Data Model and Power Pivot Chapter 11 Analyzing geographic data with 3D Map Chapter 12 Enhancing pivot table reports with macros Chapter 13 Using VBA to create pivot tables Chapter 14 Advanced pivot table tips and techniques Chapter 15 Dr. Jekyll and Mr. GetPivotData
About The Author
Bill Jelen, Excel MVP and the host of MrExcel.com, has been using spreadsheets since 1985, and he launched the MrExcel.com website in 1998. Bill was a regular guest on Call for Help with Leo Laporte and has produced more than 2,200 episodes of his daily video podcast, Learn Excel from MrExcel. He is the author of 57 books about Microsoft Excel and writes the monthly Excel column for Strategic Finance magazine. Before founding MrExcel.com, Bill spent 12 years in the trenches, working as a financial analyst for the finance, marketing, accounting, and operations departments of a $500 million public company. He lives in Merritt Island, Florida, with his wife, Mary Ellen.
Mike Alexander is a Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD) and author of several books on advanced business analysis with Microsoft Access and Excel. He has more than 16 years’ experience consulting and developing Office solutions. Mike has been named a Microsoft MVP for his ongoing contributions to the Excel community. You can visit Mike at www.datapigtechnologies.com, where he regularly shares Excel and Access tips and techniques.