MASTER CORE EXCEL 2016 TOOLS FOR BUILDING POWERFUL, RELIABLE SPREADSHEETS!
Use this guide to automate virtually any routine task: save yourself hours, days, maybe even weeks! Make Excel do things you thought were impossible, discover macro techniques you won’t find anywhere else, and create automated reports that are amazingly powerful. Bill Jelen and Tracy Syrstad help you? instantly visualize information, so you can act on it… capture data from anywhere, and use it anywhere… automate Excel 2016’s best new features. You’ll find simple, step-by-step instructions, real-world case studies, and 50 workbooks packed with bonus examples, macros, and solutions–straight from MrExcel!
- Get started fast with Excel macro development
- Work efficiently with ranges, cells, and formulas
- Build super-fast applications with arrays
- Automate Excel’s new pivot table enhancements
- Collect user data with custom dialogs
- Make your macros more reliable and resilient
- Pull data from the Internet with web queries
- Use advanced classes, collections, and custom functions
- Build sophisticated business analysis solutions
- Read and write to Access or SQL Server databases
- Control other Office programs, and Windows itself
- Write code that also works on older Excel versions
- Start writing Office Store-style Excel Apps
About MrExcel Library
Every book in the MrExcel Library pinpoints a specific set of crucial Excel tasks and presents focused skills and examples for performing them rapidly and effectively. Selected by Bill Jelen, Microsoft Excel MVP and mastermind behind the leading Excel solutions website MrExcel.com, these books will
- Dramatically increase your productivity–saving you 50 hours a year or more
- Present proven, creative strategies for solving real-world problems
- Show you how to get great results, no matter how much data you have
- Help you avoid critical mistakes that even experienced users make
This book is part of Que’s Content Update Program. As Microsoft updates features of Excel, sections of this book will be updated or new sections will be added to match the updates to the software. See inside for details.
Table of contents
Chapter 1 Unleashing The Power Of Excel With Vba Chapter 2 This Sounds Like Basic, So Why Doesn’T It Look Familiar? Chapter 3 Referring To Ranges Chapter 4 Looping And Flow Control Chapter 5 R1C1-Style Formulas Chapter 6 Creating And Manipulating Names In Vba Chapter 7 Event Programming Chapter 8 Arrays Chapter 9 Creating Classes And Collections Chapter 10 Userforms: An Introduction Chapter 11 Data Mining With Advanced Filter Chapter 12 Using Vba To Create Pivot Tables Chapter 13 Excel Power Chapter 14 Sample User-Defined Functions Chapter 15 Creating Charts Chapter 16 Data Visualizations And Conditional Formatting Chapter 17 Dashboarding With Sparklines In Excel 2016 Chapter 18 Reading From And Writing To The Web Chapter 19 Text File Processing Chapter 20 Automating Word Chapter 21 Using Access As A Back End To Enhance Multiuser Access To Data Chapter 22 Advanced Userform Techniques Chapter 23 The Windows Application Programming Interface (Api) Chapter 24 Handling Errors Chapter 25 Customizing The Ribbon To Run Macros Chapter 26 Creating Add-Ins Chapter 27 An Introduction To Creating Office Add-Ins Chapter 28 What’S New In Excel 2016 And What’S Changed
About The Author
Bill Jelen, Excel MVP and the host of MrExcel.com, has been using spreadsheets since 1985, and he launched the MrExcel.com website in 1998. Bill was a regular guest on Call for Help with Leo Laporte and has produced more than 2,200 episodes of his daily video podcast, Learn Excel from MrExcel. He is the author of 57 books about Microsoft Excel and writes the monthly Excel column for Strategic Finance magazine. Before founding MrExcel.com, Bill spent 12 years in the trenches, working as a financial analyst for the finance, marketing, accounting, and operations departments of a $500 million public company. He lives in Merritt Island, Florida, with his wife, Mary Ellen.