Renowned Excel experts Bill Jelen (MrExcel) and Tracy Syrstad help you automate Excel tasks to get more done, faster than ever.
Use this guide to automate virtually any routine Excel task: save yourself hours, days, maybe even weeks. Make Excel do things you thought were impossible, discover macro techniques you won’t find anywhere else, and create automated reports that are amazingly powerful. Bill Jelen and Tracy Syrstad help you instantly visualize information to make it actionable; capture data from anywhere, and use it anywhere; and automate the best new features in Microsoft Excel. You’ll find simple, step-by-step instructions, real-world case studies, and 50 workbooks packed with examples and complete, easy-to-adapt solutions.
By reading this book, you will:
- Quickly master Excel macro development
- Work more efficiently with ranges, cells, and formulas
- Generate automated reports and quickly adapt them for new requirements
- Learn to automate PivotTables to summarize, analyze, explore, and present data
- Leverage more of Excel VBA’s power with classes, collections, and Advanced Filter
- Make the most of User-Defined Functions (UDFs), including new LAMBDA functions
- Build sophisticated UserForm custom dialogs to collect data from other Excel users
- Integrate data from the Internet, Access and SQL Server databases, and other sources
- Automatically generate charts, visualizations, sparklines, and Word documents
- Extend Excel’s power by controlling other Office programs and Windows itself
- Create Office Add-ins to expand worksheet functionality or streamline retrieval of external information
- Get started creating brand-new TypeScript applications for Excel Online
About This Book
- For everyone who wants to get more done with Microsoft Excel in less time
- For business and financial professionals, entrepreneurs, students, and others who need to efficiently manage and analyze data
Table of contents
Chapter 1. Unleashing the power of Excel with VBA Chapter 2. This sounds like BASIC, so why doesn’t it look familiar? Chapter 3. Referring to ranges Chapter 4. Looping and flow control Chapter 5. R1C1-style formulas Chapter 6. Creating and manipulating names in VBA Chapter 7. Event programming Chapter 8. Arrays Chapter 9. Creating classes and collections Chapter 10. Userforms: An introduction Chapter 11. Data mining with Advanced Filter Chapter 12. Using VBA to create pivot tables Chapter 13. Excel power Chapter 14. Sample user-defined functions Chapter 15. Creating charts Chapter 16. Data visualizations and conditional formatting Chapter 17. Dashboarding with sparklines in Excel Chapter 18. Reading from the web using M and VBA Chapter 19. Text file processing Chapter 20. Automating Word Chapter 21. Using Access as a back end to enhance multiuser access to data Chapter 22. Advanced userform techniques Chapter 23. The Windows Application Programming Interface (API) Chapter 24. Handling errors Chapter 25. Customizing the ribbon to run macros Chapter 26. Creating Excel add-ins Chapter 27. An introduction to creating Office add-ins Chapter 28. What’s new in Excel 365 and what’s changed
About The Author
Bill Jelen, Excel MVP and the host of MrExcel.com, has been using spreadsheets since 1985, and he launched the MrExcel.com website in 1998. Bill was a regular guest on Call for Help with Leo Laporte and has produced more than 2,200 episodes of his daily video podcast, Learn Excel from MrExcel. He is the author of 57 books about Microsoft Excel and writes the monthly Excel column for Strategic Finance magazine. Before founding MrExcel.com, Bill spent 12 years in the trenches, working as a financial analyst for the finance, marketing, accounting, and operations departments of a $500 million public company. He lives in Merritt Island, Florida, with his wife, Mary Ellen.