Conquer Microsoft Excel 2019–from the inside out!
Dive into Microsoft Excel 2019–and really put your spreadsheet expertise to work. This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, tips, and workarounds–all you need to make the most of Excel’s most powerful tools for analyzing data and making better decisions. Renowned Excel expert Bill Jelen offers a complete tour of Excel 2019 and Excel in Office 365, from efficient interface customizations to advanced analysis, visualizations, and dashboards. Discover how experts tackle today’s key tasks–and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
- Enter formulas more efficiently, and fully control operators and dates
- Master the most widely-used functions in Excel
- Integrate external data from the web and other sources
- Easily transform complex datasets with Power Query
- Quickly summarize millions of records with Pivot Tables
- Perform ad hoc analyses with slicers and other filters
- Create advanced data mashups with Power Pivot
- Solve complex problems with What-If, Scenario Manager, Goal Seek, and Solver
- Automate repetitive tasks by editing recorded VBA code
- Demystify data with conditional formatting and other visualization techniques
- Use the newest maps, charts, and data types in Excel
- Show geographical changes over time with animated 3D maps
- Use dynamic array functions: SORT, FILTER, UNIQUE, SORTBY and SEQUENCE
- Find insights using Excel’s new artificial intelligence
- Collaborate via Excel 2019’s breakthrough CoAuthoring tools
- Publish Power BI Desktop dashboards based on Excel data
Table of contents
Part I The Excel Interface Chapter 1 What’s New in Excel 2019 Chapter 2 Using the Excel Interface Chapter 3 Customizing Excel Chapter 4 Keyboard Shortcuts Part II Calculating with Excel Chapter 5 Understanding Formulas Chapter 6 Controlling Formulas Chapter 7 Understanding Functions Chapter 8 Using Everyday Functions: Math, Date and Time, and Text Functions Chapter 9 Using Powerful Functions: Logical, Lookup, and Database Functions Chapter 10 Other Functions Chapter 11 Connecting Worksheets and Workbooks Chapter 12 Array Formulas and Names in Excel Part III Data Analysis with Excel Chapter 13 Transforming Data Chapter 14 Summarizing Data Using Subtotals or Filter Chapter 15 Using Pivot Tables to Analyze Data Chapter 16 Using Slicers and Filtering a Pivot Table Chapter 17 Mashing Up Data with Power Pivot Chapter 18 Using What-If, Scenario Manager, Goal Seek, and Solver Chapter 19 Automating Repetitive Functions Using VBA Macros Chapter 20 More Tips and Tricks for Excel 2019 Part IV Excel Visuals Chapter 21 Formatting Worksheets Chapter 22 Using Data Visualizations and Conditional Formatting Chapter 23 Graphing Data Using Excel Charts Chapter 24 Using 3D Maps Chapter 25 Using Sparklines Chapter 26 Formatting Spreadsheets for Presentation Chapter 27 Printing Chapter 28 Sharing Dashboards with Power BI
About The Author
Bill Jelen, Excel MVP and the host of MrExcel.com, has been using spreadsheets since 1985, and he launched the MrExcel.com website in 1998. Bill was a regular guest on Call for Help with Leo Laporte and has produced more than 2,200 episodes of his daily video podcast, Learn Excel from MrExcel. He is the author of 57 books about Microsoft Excel and writes the monthly Excel column for Strategic Finance magazine. Before founding MrExcel.com, Bill spent 12 years in the trenches, working as a financial analyst for the finance, marketing, accounting, and operations departments of a $500 million public company. He lives in Merritt Island, Florida, with his wife, Mary Ellen.