Explore different aspects of financial modeling with the help of easy-to-follow instructions, productivity tips, and a variety of Excel features and functions
Financial modeling deals with building digital prototypes of business strategies for core business tasks, such as valuation, profit loss analysis, and growth analysis, that are crucial to decision making. Hands-On Financial Modeling with Microsoft Excel 2019 explains financial modeling concepts and their implementation with the help of Excel.
This book starts with an overview of the steps you should follow to build an integrated financial model. You'll explore design principles, functions, and techniques of financial modelling as you learn to implement models in the real world. Starting from key Excel concepts, such as formulas and functions, you'll learn about referencing frameworks and other advanced components of financial models. As you progress through the chapters, you'll thoroughly understand your financial projects, build assumptions, and analyze historical data to develop data-driven models and identify functional growth drivers. The book also takes you through model testing and covers best practices.
By the end of this book, you'll have examined data from various use cases and developed the skills you need for using Excel for business and financial modeling.
- A non-data professional's guide to exploring financial functions and pivot tables in Excel
- Prepare various models for income and cash flow statements and balance sheets
- Perform valuations and identify growth drivers with real-world case studies
What you will learn
- Identify the growth drivers derived from processing historical data in Excel
- Use discounted cash flow (DCF) for efficient investment analysis
- Build a financial model by projecting balance sheets for assessing profit and loss
- Apply a Monte Carlo simulation to derive key assumptions for your financial model
- Prepare detailed asset and debt schedule models in Excel
- Discover the latest and advanced features of Excel 2019
- Calculate profitability ratios using various profit parameters
Who this book is for
If you're a data professional, analyst, business owner, or student who wants to develop financial modeling skills, this book is for you. You need not have experience working with data and stats to get started with building financial models; however, this book assumes working knowledge of Excel.
Table of contents
Chapter 1. Introduction To Financial Modeling And Excel Chapter 2. Steps For Building A Financial Model Chapter 3. Formulas And Functions - Completing Modeling Tasks With A Single Formula Chapter 4. Applying The Referencing Framework In Excel Chapter 5. Understanding Project And Building Assumptions Chapter 6. Asset And Debt Schedules Chapter 7. Cash Flow Statement Chapter 8. Ratio Analysis Chapter 9. Valuation Chapter 10. Model Testing For Reasonableness And Accuracy
About The Author
Shmuel Oluwa is a financial executive and seasoned instructor with over 25 years' experience in a number of finance-related fields, with a passion for imparting knowledge. He has developed considerable skills in the use of Microsoft Excel and has organized training courses in Business Excel, Financial Modeling with Excel, Forensics and Fraud Detection with Excel, Excel as an Investigative Tool, and Accounting for Non-Accountants, among others. He has given classes in Nigeria, Angola, Kenya, and Tanzania, but his online community of students covers several continents.