Advanced Excel Essentials is the only book for the experienced Excel developer. This book starts from the assumption that you are well-versed in Excel--and builds on your skills to take them to the advanced level. It will show you the building blocks of advanced development and then take you through the development of your own advanced spreadsheet application. For the seasoned analyst, accountant, financial professional, management consultant, and engineer--this is the book you've been waiting for!
- Covers advanced formula topics like array formulas and Boolean logic
- Shows you how to build correctly with hands-on examples
- Provides insight into better code and formulas development
- Builds on a foundation of industry best practices and the author's hard won real-world experience
What you'll learn
- How to build better, faster, and leaner spreadsheets that will make you a force to be reckoned with, in your organization
- How to write optimized code and formulas that are easily understood even by less experienced users
- Learn how to turn a spreadsheet into a powerhouse application that rivals commercial software
- Learn the tools and techniques for optimal layout, data storage, and advanced analytics
Who this book is for
Intermediate or advanced excel users who wish to learn how to be more productive and develop more powerful applications
Table of contents
Chapter 1. Introduction Chapter 2. Visual Basic for Applications for Excel, a Refresher Chapter 3. Introducing Formula Concepts Chapter 4. Advanced Formula Concepts Chapter 5. Introduction to Controls Chapter 6. Getting Input from Users Chapter 7. Storage Patterns for User Input Chapter 8. Building for Sensitivity Analysis Chapter 9. Perfecting the Presentation
About The Author
Jordan Goldmeier is a management consultant, author, educator, producer, and Microsoft MVP. He is the owner of Cambia Factor (www.cambiafactor.com), a data consulting agency, where he challenges companies and institutions to rethink how they collect, work with, and interpret data. He has provided spreadsheet-based decision support services to the NATO Training Mission in Afghanistan, the Pentagon, Navy, Air Force, and Army as well as training and consultation to private financial institutions in big data analytics and data visualization. Outside of work, Jordan is a producer for and host of Excel.TV, a web series educated to talking to and learning from Excel experts. Jordan also loves grilling, smoked meats, and all things BBQ. He lives in Dayton, Ohio with his wife.